Jennifer spent over 16 years at Amazon across various roles that included Financial Analyst, Product Manager, Head of Vendor Management, and Category Leader. During this time, Jennifer’s teams helped create new input metrics and ask questions to evolve Amazon’s use of data in the quest for operational excellence. Jennifer has since taken this ability to lead through data and questioning to launch a marketplace service for BuildDirect Technologies and consult various consumer brands in their Amazon and e-commerce negotiations and growth strategies.
In this episode, Jennifer shares context behind her career journey and how she used preceding roles to prepare for later leadership roles as Amazon director and executive at Build Direct. She also shared practical examples from her experience asking questions and identifying data to improve business operations.
You’ll also hear Jennifer share:
· How increased transparency into variable product costs quickly clarified needed actions
· Why Dive Deep is such a fundamental principle for managing a P&L and marketplace business
· How listening to key customer anecdotes helped create a better assortment strategy in the Watches category
· How leaders can apply the Dive Deep principle when moving to a completely new business
· How to improve negotiations with the right use of questions and data
Jennifer on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jennifer-arthur-460768/
Jennifer’s email: email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn! https://www.linkedin.com/company/think-like-amazon-podcast/